Do you want to expand your experience and learn from the expertise of an international, yet small bank? Do you want to be part of the Risk & Compliance Team in Amsterdam? Are you a passionate, driven professional who does not want to wear a tie everyday to the office? Then we are looking for you!
This role is positioned within the Dutch Risk & Compliance team (9) as part of the wider Risk & Compliance department in The Netherlands & Germany. The Senior Risk & Compliance Manager reports into the Senior Manager of the Dutch Risk & Compliance team. The Senior Risk & Compliance Manager holds responsibility for managing Regulatory Risk for this bank within agreed risk appetite and applying the local Compliance Framework. The job holder provides advice on the implementation of internal policies and local law and regulations and on regulatory risks and compliance matters to internal stakeholders that enables well informed decision making.
As a Senior Risk & Compliance Officer your responsibilities include, among others:
- Apply and adhere to the Risk Management Framework in regards of non-financial risk management and the local Compliance Framework in regards of Regulatory Risk and Compliance.
- Identify, assess, manage, monitor and report about regulatory risks.
- Assess compliance against legal and regulatory obligations by mapping and testing the effectiveness of processes and controls against the obligations.
- Identify legal and regulatory developments and inform internal stakeholders.
- Assess impact of and advice on the implementation of regulatory developments. Translate law and regulations into local processes and procedures.
- Implement the Group Compliance Policy and translate into local processes and procedures.
- Challenge current practices and the applicability and implementation of rules and requirements to ensure ongoing efficiency.
- Proactively engage and maintain relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
As a Senior Risk & Compliance Officer you have the following profile and background:
- A University Master’s degree in law, economics or equivalent
- Risk Management or Certified Compliance Officer qualification or equivalent is preferred
- Background in banking and specifically in mortgages
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a risk or compliance function
- Sound knowledge of Dutch financial services related law and regulations
- Sound knowledge of the Dutch mortgage market
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to translate theory into practice, develop operational policies and procedures and ensure that these are understood and implemented
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and in writing, and ability to demonstrate these skills effectively across all levels of the organisation
- Excellent networking and influencing skills
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and organisation skills
We offer a full time role (40 hour) with a salary in line with the market and excellent secondary employee benefits:
- 30 vacation days
- Excellent pension plan
- 13th month
- Holiday pay
- Discretionary bonus
Do you have any questions or would you appreciate an informal conversation about your career opportunities in regards to this or other relevant roles?
What we can do for you:
- You can make use of our extensive network and our strong reputation in and around the financial services sector;
- We have close relationships to our clients, meaning an optimal preparation for a successful application and interview process;
- A sparring partner to get clear what your needs and triggers are.
M: +31 (0)6-23029312