Our client, an independent oil and gas exploration and production company, is looking for a Revenue Accountant.
The Revenue (Hydrocarbon) Accountant represents the interface between commercial/technical disciplines and the Finance function. The person is responsible for a holistic and consistent approach of reporting, allocating and forecasting revenues and costs related with the hydrocarbon streams. Due to Neptune’s international footprint, working with revenue/tariff streams from multiple countries makes this position challenging and diverse.
The person will be required to potentially work with little supervision and may be required to support hydrocarbon accounting activities in other locations.
Production and Sales Volumes:·
- Collate, analyze and report actual/forecasted production/sales in cooperation with technical teams.
- Collate, analyze and report production/sales volumes for performance management, statutory reporting and external communication for the entire international portfolio.
- Invoice or check invoices for gas, oil, LNG and NGL sales. Create posting journals and arrange with general accounting on booking of invoices.
- Create ad hoc reports/analysis on revenues and tariffs as required.
- Establish assumptions on volume, transportation costs and sales revenues for the yearly/multiyear budgets.
- Ensure quality of volume data and provide suggestions and improvements to allocation and reporting procedures as necessary.
- Resolve queries in relation to production/sales volumes/revenues and achieved price.
- Maintain, update and quality control sales information (volumes and contracts) in the relevant IT systems.
- Reporting to authorities: REMIT reporting, CVA’s, Sales reporting etc.
Transportation and Processing:
- Forecasting/modelling of transportation costs and income. Review and update tariff formulas/models.
- Verify volumes and price of transportation and processing tariff invoices in accordance with the relevant commercial agreement.
- Review annual reconciliations and make-up or carry forward positions.
- Prepare or check invoices for capacity sales/payments.
- Calculate and analyze fields’ and contracts’ performance to provide basis for potential discussions at how further optimization or risk mitigation can be performed for the hydrocarbon streams. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to, capacities paid for but not used, penalties under the sales contracts, deliveries under the contracts.
- Coordination of Country production volume analysis to be reviewed by the Head of Hydrocarbon accounting for Group wide stakeholders and input into key internal and external reports on volumes and revenue.
- Be a focal point on discussions around revenue recognition for new operations.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- 3-5 years experience, preferably as financial controller or accountant working in a multi-currency organization.
- Preferably 3-5 years’ experience in oil and gas business.
- Use of SAP would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the work and activities for which the job is providing support.
- Ability to communicate and understand technical specialists and relay the information to others in an understandable way.
- Strong service orientation and project management skills.
- Very good listening and communication skills.
- Fluent in English. Dutch is a plus.
- fulltime position in a diverse, challenging and international environment. As the candidate will interface with various disciplines like commercial, technical, finance and accounting, this diverse position will provide the candidate with the opportunity to gain or expand his/her skill base in the international oil & gas industry.
- The position is on a secondment basis via Statera with the option of being employed by the client in due course. The terms of employment are very competitive, we are happy to tell you more about it.
Oscar Frohwein +31(0)6 57553265