Manage EUR 8 bln as a Portfolio Manager at DNB. Broad responsibilities in a diverse team that manages different asset classes. Unique global cooperation with other central banks.
DNB is the first central bank in the world to sign the UN Principles for Responsible Investment. At DNB they not only strive for financial return, but environmental and social value creation as well. They do this by investing about EUR 8 bln in a broad range of asset classes, from equities to government bonds, with ESG integration. In addition, they have a dedicated allocation to green bonds.
You will be part of a team of 12 professionals, managing DNB’s EUR 8 bln reserve at the strategic, tactical and active level.
- The team is culturally diverse and the vast majority of colleagues is young. Everyone has a strong academic background. The vast knowledge available is shared through a close and fruitful cooperation between the team members.
- They are organized in three clusters that constantly work together: (i) internal portfolio management, (ii) external portfolio management and (iii) responsible investing.
- The internal portfolio management cluster is responsible for tactical and active positioning and uses a wide palette of strategies to outperform its benchmarks.
- They are part of the broader Financial Markets division, which includes also Market Intelligence, Risk Management, Back Office and Monetary Policy Implementation.
- They report to the Investment Committee and the Board of DNB.
Government bonds are managed actively by a team of portfolio managers that is looking for a new colleague. With DNB, you decide on and implement active positions that enhance the return of their reserve. Next to that, you contribute to the improvement and automation of their investment process.
This is what you do as medior portfolio manager
Together with your colleagues, you are responsible for the active management of the internally managed bond portfolios. This means that:
- You stay constantly informed about economic and geopolitical developments.
- You make use of your macroeconomic knowledge and investment experience when you analyze markets and build a vision.
- You propose tactical and active positions and execute the corresponding transactions in the market.
- You manage the relationships with DNB’s counterparties.
- You develop and implement the investment process at DNB, including with a focus on automation.
- You use your experience in guiding the less experienced colleagues.
- You report to various stakeholders over portfolio, market and economic developments.
- You participate in ad-hoc cross-departmental projects, targeted at operational excellence.
You bring to the table
- Ambition, initiative and motivation. You strive to constantly grow, learn and improve. You like taking initiative and you get your energy from financial markets and investing.
- You have affinity with numbers and complex quantitative analyses. You are able to summarize and explain quantitative topics in qualitative terms, adapting the level of depth to your public.
- You have a proven interest in sustainability and responsible investment.
- You have between 2 and 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Ideally, you have a certain degree of affinity with coding. At the moment we work mostly with VBA, but strive to move to Python.
- You have a master in finance, economics or another quantitative field.
- You work well in teams and have excellent communication skills in English or Dutch and a willingness to achieve a very good level of the other.
- You have the desire to become a CFA charter holder.
This is what we offer you
A 36-hour working week right at the heart of today’s financial and economic current events. With a reliable and socially involved employer in Amsterdam, who constantly responds to the changing requirements of our environment. And that continuously innovates. As an institution, they are at the heart of society. Their people are driven and involved in their work within a social context.
DNB sees a diverse and inclusive work environment as one of the conditions for being successful as an organization and continuing to achieve their goals. This will offer you a wealth of opportunities to develop and gain new experiences, both in the Netherlands and abroad. You will initially be working on a one-year contract, with the prospect of an extension, provided you have performed well and our organisation has not undergone any changes that affect your job.
The other excellent terms and conditions of employment for this position are:
- A salary of at least € 4,150.– and a maximum of € 7,620.– gross per month, based on a 36-hour working week. Among other things, the final salary will depend on your expertise and experience.
- A 13th monthly salary, an 8% holiday allowance calculated on your 13-month salary and a freely disposable personal budget of 5.9% of your 12-months’ salary.
- Your pension entitlements will accrue under a career-average scheme including provisional indexation, with a 6.54% employee contribution.
- Full reimbursement of your public transport commute.
- Plenty of opportunities for professional and personal development through education and training.
- A healthy work-life balance. In this position, it is possible to divide your working week into 4 9-hour days.
Charles de Jong
M +31(0)6 4169 2054