For our client, Eastman Chemical Company in Rotterdam, we are recruiting a Marketing Representative for the Performance Films division. A unique position for a young and promising Marketing professional who wants to further their career in a globally diverse company with activities in 100 countries. Working in a compact team, you will be exposed to all aspects of strategic marketing for a unique company.
Starting date will be January 2019, fulltime, at their EMEA headquarters in Rotterdam Alexander.
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2017 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,500 people around the world. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
You will be working in the Marketing team for the division Performance Films. With more than 60 years of experience, Eastman is a leading manufacturer and marketer of high performance window tint and paint protection film for automotive applications and window film for residential and commercial applications.
You will report directly to the Marketing Leader EMEA for Performance Films, and will work closely together with one team member. Being a compact team, you will have a broad responsibility and a steep learning curve!
As a Marketing Representative, you will be responsible for the execution of strategy for market-facing initiatives to drive and maintain growth in assigned market segments in collaboration with Sales, MarCom, Pricing, Supply Chain, Product Management and Technical Services. Provides unique value by understanding local needs and connecting those needs to marketing expertise throughout the organization. Coordinates strategic marketing programs in collaboration with the Marketing Leader and manages the brand portfolio effectively.
- Annual Earnings: variable margin gains from closing new business for initiatives supporting
- Streamlined and consistent Sales and Marketing operational execution
- Capabilities/Talent Management: navigates and owns personal career development
Your responsibilities include:
- Provides support to the sales team by building strong relationships with customers’ marketing contacts and thus helping sales team to navigate through key decision makers
- Contributes to market sensing due to interaction with lead generation funnel
- Generates insights from observations on consumer behavior and preferences at point of sales based on research and customer discovery
- Utilizes best practice marketing tools to gain insights to identify key growth initiatives
- Develops value propositions and offers and analyzes customer buying process at OEMs, dealers, car dealerships and architectural environments
- Develops and executes the regional commercial/marketing strategy that supports broader territory growth and brand strategy in collaboration with the EMEA Commercial Manager and Channel Marketing Leader
- Understands changing and differing priorities depending on territories and how these impact channel marketing
- Refreshes the EMEA Channel Strategy for (current and new) AFCand Distribution partners in the automotive and architectural segments, in cooperation with the commercial team and Channel Marketing Leader
- Implements “best practices” with regards to channel partners’ performance (KPIs, sales, service level, etc.) to demonstrate pipeline growth
Marketing Operations / Brand Management
- Evaluates post-launch execution effectiveness and results; continuously improves activities and outcomes in collaboration with MarCom and Sales
- Responsible for day-to-day marketing operations, including budget management
- Manages consistency and clarity of brand messages across brands and across territories
Occassional travel is expected across the EMEA region.
As a Marketing Representative, you have the following profile and background:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Marketing or a similar relevant field
- 1-3 years working experience in a Marketing role for a large international company
- Experience may include an internship, relevant thesis subjects and job experience
- Fluent English speaker, both spoken and in writing
- You are able to quickly understand and analyze a complex organization.
- You have an excellent motivation and are a strong team player.
You possess the following skills and competencies:
- Demonstrated strategic marketing skills
- Excellent customer interface and collaboration skills enabling discovery and commitment across the value chain
- Presents visions/strategies/ideas/proposals in an effective manner
- Demonstrated experience in developing Segmentation and Targeting
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects from inception to implementation
- Strong influencing skills in addition to strong execution skills, results focus and bias for action
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional and diverse, dynamic project environment
- Comfortable in assuming risks and making courageous choices
- Creative and strategic mindset who can develop multi-horizon plans, communicate and gain organizational commitment
- Experience in developing Marketing Mix through market activation plans
- Market Insight: Leverage market insights to guide decisions and determine what is right
- Courage: Make courageous choices to innovate and accelerate value creation
- Optimism: Optimistically focus on continual growth over a longer-term horizon
- Bias for Action: Have a bias for action, prioritizing issues and making sound decisions, despite uncertainty or risk
- Adaptability: Adaptable to market and customer opportunities quickly
For the successful candidate, we offer a one-year contract with Statera. You will be seconded to our client, Eastman Chemical Company. There is a possibility for extension, depending on circumstances after one year. We offer:
- Market consistent salary
- Holiday allowance (8% per year)
- 25 paid holidays per year
- Travel expenses (home-work)
- Pension scheme (after 26 weeks)
Do you have any questions or would you appreciate an informal conversation about your career opportunities in regards to this or other relevant roles?
What we can do for you:
- You can make use of our extensive network and our strong reputation in and around the financial services sector;
- We have close relationships to our clients, meaning an optimal preparation for a successful application and interview process;
- A sparring partner to get clear what your needs and triggers are.
Charles de Jong
M +31(0)6 – 4169 2054