Recently graduated in a quantitative field of study? Interested to develop your career in quantitative analytics in a financial markets environment? We are looking to recruit high potential Junior Quant Analysts for one of our energy trading clients.
Our client is a Dutch energy company with activities in production, delivery and trading of energy products and services in wholesale markets. Because of global price movements of commodities and the transition into sustainable, CO2 neutral energy sources, the energy markets are highly dynamic and volatile. Because of this, our client continuously optimizes its portfolio through flexible production, transport and storage capacity. This is a continuous, 24 hour per day, 7 days per week, energy trading environment.
The department Quantitative Analytics is the competitive back-bone for all asset backed optimization and trading activities. The importance of analytical strength and using advanced quantitative methods and techniques has grown rapidly over the past years, because of a complex market environment.
The department has a central place in daily trading and asset optimization, but also with introducing new business models and strategic choices that energy companies are confronted with in the present day. This team provides the brainpower and research & development, in a highly results oriented and commercial trading environment. You will be working with experienced colleagues from different backgrounds and areas of expertise.
As a Junior Quant Analyst you are responsible for the timely realisation of results within certain (risk) parameters, with a strong focus on quantitative modelling and analysis. Your responsibilities include:
- An important impact to the Profit & Loss of the asset portfolio and asset backed trading portfolios
- Analyzing and modelling complex market developments (visualizing supply and demand movements in the markets)
- Modelling and quantifying market risks, supporting risk management and optimizing the asset portfolio and trading books
- Discovering complex patterns and critical company information out of large data sets through advanced big data analytics methods and techniques
As a Junior Quant Analyst you have the following profile and background:
- Masters degree (or PhD) in a quantitative field (Econometrics, Mathematics, Engineering or a similar field)
- Knowledge, experience and skills for the field of quantitative analysis
- Relevant and demonstrable knowledge of mathematical models, methods and techniques
- Knowledge of (big) data analytics and machine learning methods and techniques
- Knowledge of relevant international markets, market movements and market characteristics; energy trading and physical energy assets (power plants, storage capacity) and complex energy contracts (structured products)
- Knowledge of financial portfolio management and financial quantitative methods and techniques
- Advanced programming skills (VBA, Matlab, C++, Python, etc.)
Our client offers a competitive salary package with growth opportunities. In addition, you receive a:
- Monthly employee benefit budget
- Career development and guidance
- Collective pension and insurance arrangements
Do you have any questions or would you appreciate an informal conversation about your career opportunities in regards to this or other relevant roles? What we can do for you:
- You can make use of our extensive network and our strong reputation in the financial services sector;
- We have close relationships to our clients, meaning an optimal preparation for a successful application and interview process;
- A sparring partner to get clear what your needs and triggers
M +31(0)6 1274 0523