Are you an experienced Actuary? Would you like to improve the Actuarial Function within a well known insurer? Then I am looking for you!
For a well known insurer in The Hague we are looking for an Expert Actuary. You’ll be part of the Actuarial Reporting & Oversight Team. As a member of this team you will contribute to execution of the Actuarial Function within the insurer. They are mainly responsible for the technical provisions of the insurer across different balance sheets and related metrics.
The client is a well known insurer, with a strong environmnetal view and has eye for people and its surroundings.
The Actuarial Reporting & Oversight Team has a focus on:
- Solvency II reporting, mainly related to the SII balance sheet, own funds and operating capital generation.
- Reviewing the IFRS reserve adequacy.
- Value of New Business reporting and review the profitability of producs.
- Actuarial oversight of business units, focusing on reserving, underwriting and reinsurance practices in the units.
- Review of material model and assumption changes.
- Strenghtening the actuarial function / community withing the Group, enabling best practice sharing.
- Advisory role on various projects. Review of business plans and financial forecasts. Ownership, maintenance and group-wide implementation of policies and standards owned by the Chief Actuary Office.
- Preparing external disclosures concerning solvency, capital generation and value creation.
- Contributing to the IFRS17 project, including the development of value metrics and analysis of actuarial choices.
- This team is a small and international (5 different nationalities) team of highly skilled professionals. We value quality, high standards as well as worklife balance and each other.
What are you going to do?
- Participate in reporting of actuarial metrics, review and analysis, internally and externally on a quarterly basis.
- Analyse the actuarial metrics, draw business conclusions based on them and prepare relevant management reports.
- Maintain and develop the reporting methods and requirements for actuarial metrics.
- Contribute to the development of IRS17 implementation.
- Act as a business partner in actuarial oversight and be a trusted point of contact for business units’ support with regards to actuarial topics.
- Participate in strategic projects where finance actuarial skills are required.
What do you bring?
- Academic Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Actuarial sciences or similar (e.g. econometrics, mathematics, statistics).
- 6 – 8 years of experience in the insurance industry withing the actuarial, finance and / or risk domain.
- Extensive experience in IFRS and Solvency II valuation and reporting (SII Balance Sheet, Own Funds and SCR) is required. Previous experience with (Operating) Capital Generation is preferred. Having an actuarial qualification is a strong pre-requisite.
- Strong ability in actuarial mathematics and concepts, the capacity to analyse data and draw relevant conclusions out of it. Critical thinking abilities and a mentality to get things done with full ownership.
What do you receive?
- A competitive salary depending on knowledge and experience.
- Flexible working hours and location.
- Special discounts on various insurances.
- A lot of development opportunities & our own e-library
Sven Heijkoop 0612740523
Sven Heijkoop 0612740523